Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Finally finished "Last Don"

Recently I successfully finished the reading of a novel "Last don" by Mario Puzo. The first thirty pages of the book introduce you around 50 characters(All Italian names) of a mafia family & their business people. I had tried to read the book three times before my successful attempt and in each attempt i could not get time to read the book after 25 pages. When i came back, the mafia family was changed and wives were changed dramatically among the family. This forced me to start from the prologue. Unfortunately this cycle happened thrice. At last after some muck-up i reached 100 pages and after wards i could not put down the book.

The novel narrates about a mafia family,their business and their egos. You'll get every part of the mafia life in this book and the narration makes this novel a different one. Mario describes the characters,sequence of events and how the events drive the story into its end. Even you could guess what will happen next in some part of the story but that doesn't slows the speed.

This is the book that have most number of characters(100-150!!) i have ever read in English. I got a very good entertainer for my patience.

3 comments:

Haripandi Rengasamy said...

Madu,

Congrats for your first blog.This was more than what i expect.Great start.i can find new words in your writing.keep on blogging.your blog name also suggest that you are going to write all the fields you think(Mixed Thoughts).Gr8.

- Siva Rengasamy

Hari said...

Hi Madu,

What is the heading of your blog. It will be "finished or finshed". Please try to avoid simple spelling mistakes. Even though its a small mistake but this will be read by more number of peoples so try to avoid such a things. Otherthan this issue your blog is simply superb. Good Effort. Really now i am getting more curiosity to read this novel.

Thanks,
Arivazhagan.

madu said...

Thanks guys for your comments.
Siva,
I'll put my best effort to continue my blogging.
Ari,
I'll make sure these kind of mistakes dont happen in future.

Keep comment me in the future blogs also.

Cheers
madu.r